09-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #47
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
So should I get OLED or LED? I can get a Samsung LED for around $750. The OLED models are like $400 more. Do you think it's worth it?

We have a light of light in our family room where the TV would be situated...
I mean OLED is best picture quality. If you can afford it go OLED. However my point was if you go LED there are different types of LED like Samsung panels have QLED or LG calls it QNED etc. This is what you want if you go with LCD and not OLED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
I went with this one. Reviews are good. My buddy is telling me it's trash so we will see. I cheaped out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not sure if this is the LG we have at the FL house, if it is it's meh. I didn't research and know about the different LEDs when I bought it. The dark levels are shit so when we watch movies at night the bright blacks bother the fuck out of me. If going with an LG I would have gone with one that has their QNED display. However since you already got it I guess just see how it looks to you. What one person thinks is junk may look great to someone else. Like I said for me it's black levels, if it has dark black I'm good, not that picky about the rest.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113235.50