View Single Post
      04-28-2021, 06:29 AM   #2588
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

So I read something not long ago that referenced exposure to "traumatic incidents", as I recall it, the average person sees or is involved in 1 or 2 traumatic incidents or events in their lives, while police officers on average are exposed to, involved in or sees over 800 traumatic incidents in their lives. I suspect the numbers are similar for firefighters, Paramedics, some military, doctors and nurses. Until you've been around this environment and exposed to the day to day stuff we all have to endure with the frequent outcome being PTSD you honestly just won't get it. I can not explain it to you. If you're offended that's ok, but try to have an open mind, also the gammit for what becomes funny is wide and bizarre.

I was on a course a very long time ago, one of the presentations dealt with the MGM Fire in Las Vegas in 1980, there was significant loss of life. There were bodies trapped in stairwells among other places. In order to make the removal psychologically easier the crews made a completion/game out of it. I am told it became a bit or a race to get bodies out and a score was kept. Now many might find this disrespectful but like I have said this is/was a coping mechanism, and for Littlebear "horror". But FTR, trauma and horror can be different things to different people and you don't get to decide for them.
Appreciate 6
Lady Jane71645.00
mahalom3163.00
Sedan_Clan25186.00
paquet629.50