Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Why do you think that is? Is it because they have selected a lifestyle that is unfulfilling, depressing, and thus makes them suicidal? Or is it because they live a lifestyle that subjects them to hate and ridicule?

From the Trevor Project:

- LGB youth who come from highly rejecting families are 8.4 times as likely to have attempted suicide as LGB peers who reported no or low levels of family rejection.

- Each episode of LGBT victimization, such as physical or verbal harassment or abuse, increases the likelihood of self-harming behavior by 2.5 times on average.

https://www.thetrevorproject.org/res...about-suicide/

So maybe with a little more compassion and understanding, those numbers would come down.
I understand and appreciate what you are saying and 100% agree with the last statement.

The place where I depart is the following:

How do you tell a person is gay?

It is strictly behavioral in all ways and not all gay people have the same experience. I have a first cousin that's gay and has been in a monogamous relationship for decades. She dresses conservatively and comports herself like a lady at all times. Unless she's with her partner, no one knows she is gay. When they are out together, they comport themselves just like any other loving couple. No massive PDAs but holding hands and hanging out with each other.

Contrast this with the person who is "out" and puts it in everyone's face, does things that would be inappropriate for any couple, gay or straight in public, and makes a point of putting their orientation in everyone's face. I have a former friend who does this. We aren't friends any more because in a drunken stupor he engaged in inappropriate behavior with several people at a formal dinner. It was embarrassing in the extreme, he was unrepentant and said we just had to deal with it. No. We don't.

Bad Behavior is just that bad behavior, no matter the sexual orientation. Being Boorish is being boorish, no matter the sexual orientation.

Being an ass to make a point is just being an ass and rarely gets the point across.

So again, I ask: How do you tell a person is gay?

Flamesuit on.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
N54Yankee1984.50
Poiseuille3830.00
Now_Rudi6598.00
SakhirM49870.50
arkie6353.00