05-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #422
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So, when is enough too much?

We elected surgery with an 80% chance of restored control of the hind legs. I went to see my Princess Leah last night, took her a dirty shirt to remind her of me. She had tears in her eyes, but I don't think dogs even cry. I sure did after I left.

I want to be positive, but I'm deathly afraid that we simply are making her last few days of life a living hell, and we never should have let them cut her open, just gently send her into the long good night.
I don't know what to tell you - you went with your gut, which is all you could do. Keep in mind we all feel like crap post-op, so why would she feel any different? Give it a few days, make sure they are giving pain medication and not trying to cheap out by not doing so and telling you they did.

If after a week or two, there is no improvement and she looks rough, you might need to take her back to understand why. If her quality of life is forever changed to be a lot worse and she's in pain, then I think you know it is time to let go.

BBQ a nice meal for her. I plan on doing that for my dog when I eventually have to send him off. Actually, he's getting a preview of his meal this summer...I have a freezer burnt tomahawk steak weighing in at over 2 pounds that I'm going to toss on the grill for him and let him go to town. He's going to think he died and went to heaven.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
King Rudi13154.00