09-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #2194
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post

it is really sad to hear this. my dad supported my mom in her wrong doings, never tried to stop her. My mother got my sister and brother involved, they did their share of covering up for my mother. I had to call them and inform them how my child was doing, never cared to stop by my house. I had to literally invite them, and it was short visit. My wife stood by my side thru all of it. even when she greeted them, they wouldnt care to respond.

i do have my moments that i miss them, but i cant go back to that toxic environment.
What's bad in my situation is that my dad knows how she is....but since he has to live with her he just tries to lay low and keep the peace.

And if that means not talking to me to keep her off his back...that is what he does.

She's brought all this stuff upon herself with pretty much anyone she's had a relationship with...but still comes out looking like the victim.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard "I'm a changed person" and her expect everything to be normal.

I'm the type of person that looks at it like show me...don't tell me. So if I don't automatically act like everything is okay....it's only because I'm watching your actions for the next little while as I know she can't keep the facade up for long...and 3-4 days later she is back to her old self.