View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
AD_K
England
Rep
Drives: 530d M Sport LCI Auto

Thanks Raj!

Had a chat with BMW Customer Care UK today, I must admit to being quite surprised, they were absolutely fantastic. I explained my mixture of excitement, and fear! They re-assured me to no end.

I now know its a Dec 2009 car, first registered in June 2010. Warranty until Dec 2012.

The first bit of good news...
The car has something called BMW Service Pack which is valid until Dec 2014! Which apparently means all of my servicing is free! (doesnt cover tyres, brakes, exhaust, wipers)

Second bit of good news...
The car has had the recall work completed on the battery cable cover. So no BBQ in the boot to worry about. With no recalls outstanding.

Third bit of good news...
BMW F.S.H its had all the relevant services at a single main dealer, and has visited them in 2011, early 2012 and then in June 2012. (one must've been for the recall) two I guess are services. Does anyone know what level or type of service these might be?

Forth bits of good news...
It has heated seats (didnt notice), Pro nav and multimedia, which means the iphone4 and ipod will work fine. (but they said explicitly the iphone4s and ipad nano will not work)
It has BMW tele assist AND remote assist of which both have never been registered which means I get 3 years of both!! Apparently there is an iphone app that when hooked up will allow me to remotely lock and unlock the car, and possibly flash the lights too. - just as remote assist would do. Apparently I have an SOS button too in the event of something not good happening.

They said that it was a clean car, excellent condition from their records and that the price I paid was excellent. £44,544 when purchased new.

I feel much more re-assured now and am getting into happy mode

I have one last question (for now), which I hope you dont mind me asking. When I inspected the car I noticed that as per the image below (highlighted in red) there was a triangle shaped tube leading upwards into the engine bay, which I guess relates to the intake. that was rattling around inside the bumper. It looked to me like it had simply popped loose of the clip it locks into, on the bumper. The dealer I bought from said they would check it out for me. I had a look underneath and saw some expected scrapes to the underside of the bumper. Am guessing that the previous owner went over a speed bump or up a ramp a little hard and knocked it out place. Is this anything to worry about? tried to find the part number online but I couldnt.

The other side (highlighted blue) was different, just looked like an angled black blanking plate. Rather than an intake or tube like the red side

Many Thanks

Adam
Attached Images

Appreciate 0