View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #73
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

I never put a dollar amount on the two "set backs" in my life, but I'm happy to say that I recovered.

The first one was being drafted into the US Army, serving 2 years and 8 months on active duty, including 12 months in Vietnam. The pay was less than what I was making as the janitor and apprentice technician working part-time at my dad's mom-and-pop TV store while attending high school and later, our local community college.

The second set back was when my dad died unexpectedly 3 days past his 55th birthday, leaving me to run the family business. We had just moved the business the year prior and temporarily lost some walk-in traffic in the process. I soon discovered the business was insolvent. It took me two years of hard work to get things back in the black. I put in a total of 23 years in that business.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0