02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #15
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Partially because I'm intrigued, partially trying to help you guys out, I went and took a Pano Series of pictures down below...from driver's left to passenger right.....
So first thoughts...my battery is def on the right (above) picture. I checked in the trunk and that's where it is, so unsure where AH3's battery is, but should be behind the metal heat shield you see on the far right.

Additionally, though I'm a big believer in how awesome it sounds, but seeing how rusty it looks at the welds after only 1 winter (albeit, CT had nearly 40 inches of snow in one weekend, and they were spraying salt on the grounds), I'm going to venture to say that it might be better to wait for an aftermarket alternative that has higher grade steel?

I don't care if it rusts through since I'm golden for 6 or so years, but others might...
The AH3 actually has three batteries, including one where yours is. The one that is likely impeding a Perf exhaust clamp is indicated by the arrow in my pic below. The circled area is where the clamp likely needs more clearance than what is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
I am glad it looks like the exhaust fits, on another performance note, if any other AH3 members are reading, Burger motor sports confirmed that the stage 1 tune they offer does work with the AH3 and that there is no reason why the stage 2 wouldnt work either....

Therefore, if the stage 2 tune + downpipe = 370whp, with the extra hybrid power could that be 400whp???
I personally would not risk any kind of aftermarket tune on the AH3. The DME and other control modules are very sophisticated on the AH3, and unless Burger etc., has specifically tried their tune on an AH3, it is likely to throw codes galore.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0