View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #14
connerry330i
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' 330i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshifter View Post
That was stock... I took the JB+ off ... seems after I took it off... I didn't get launch control active on the dash... after driving it a while... the next day it came up... :/ weird Just wanted to see if the JB+ made a difference...

Launch not working or inactive: stock ~5.2 - 4.9
Launch control working: stock ~4.9 - 4.6 JB+ ~4.8 - 4.4
Car & Driver use the 3mph (12ft) rollout... and that's ~ 0.25-3 sec of a difference in times. Then they average both directions and adjust for ambient weather & altitude conditions. How they get the car down to 4.2 secs in that review with the Cadillac and AMG A35 is a mystery unless the adjustments did the magic so it seems the JB+ gives you about 0.2 - 0.5 secs off your 0 - 60 depending on how the launch goes and shifting. Sometimes I get this CLUNK from 1st to 2nd... real hard shift... and sometimes it'll chirp.
Funny...this past May, 2 months after I got the X2 we moved from San Diego to North Dallas. I work from home and I drive so little, I never hit the 20 minutes drive time warm up limit in order to use the launch control. One of these days, I guess. Thanks for sharing, enjoy the car in good health!