06-18-2019, 09:13 PM   #96
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
First, end users are often the people hiring the architects. They're definitely not mutually exclusive.

Also the design-build category is a strong vertical for Loxone. Anyone serious about energy efficiency also is driven to Loxone partially because no one else really is even trying. The other value add Loxone delivers that is very relevant in my area of responsibility (NY-Metro), is the DIN rail chassis takes up literally zero floor space. Everyone else essentially demands 2 sq ft for a rack. Around here, this is very real.
Not always. I'm the end user, but I'm building in an existing community, and that builder doesn't offer Loxone as an option, so it's counted out completely. I already have someone lined up who recommended Savant, helped me pre-wire for it although I could use anything and anyone, and they can "retrofit" after I settle on the home. And that's a considerable portion of the market in new homes in this region anyway - far more homes built in communities than directly with builders/architects.
Appreciate 0