View Single Post
      02-14-2017, 04:03 AM   #35
ArnoldRimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 Competition LCI

I upgraded my regular (civic!) PS4 to a pro as I had a 4K HDR TV and am more than happy with it. As has been stated it's not night and day difference but certainly a decent bump up in capabilites. The new 4.5 firmware releasing soon also includes a boost mode for the pro for those games where developers haven't released patches. When games like Horizon:Zero Dawn release (in a few days I think) that will really show the extended capabilities of the pro - at least from the preview vids.

As for VR, it's not the gold plated Vive solution and some graphics can be a bit blocky (looking at you PS2 graphics Driveclub VR!) but the immersion is spectacular and you soon forget about the (slight) lack of graphical fidelity. I defy anyone to play Batman Arkham VR and not feel cool when you put on the famous cowl, or indeed to sh*t your pants playing Resident Evil 7 in VR.

Both Pro and PSVR represent new steps forward, and software to take advantage of them will improve I'm sure; it's only 3-4 months since release after all
Appreciate 0