Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
Silver, kifo?
Your B/P and your HR should adjust to your exercises. Example: my B/P was 148/81 ,which is considered Hypertension, and HR 81 to 84. After exercising for about a month, my B/P is 127/67 and HR is 67 to 71. Make sure you drink lots and lots of fluid. That HR is dependent on circulating blood volume. The lower the volume, the higher the HR (makes sense, right?).
Now, let me tell you how i lost 50 lbs.
A)lots of cardio. I mean 5 miles run, 30 to 40 minutes elyptical, and 30 minutes of Stairmasters. You can alter them each time; just to confuse your body.
WHen you feel that you not getting results, push the limit up, or increase resistance.
Then you can tone your body by lifting weight. I don't know about you, but I don't like heavy weight. I just use light weights to tone my body.
Tamam habibi. Kifak int?

I try to drink a lot of fluids. Mainly water. If anything else, it's iced tea.

I've been so busy with school, I've only been able to make it to the gym 3 times a week. I need to kick up my cardio workouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlogan33 View Post
==============================================
The experts say, do not do any more than 45-minutes of cardio at your target heart rate. The first 10-15 minutes, you just lose water.
The next 10-15 minutes, you lose body-fat.
After 45-minutes, you could start losing muscle.

What I have found is a good way too lose body-fat, is to build muscle.
Larger muscles, burn fat without exercise.
The bigger the muscles, the more fat you burn.
The biggest muscles in our body is in our butt and legs (glutes, quads, hamstrings & calfs).

I have recently started doing heavy leg presses on the Solid Leg Press / Hack Squat Machine.
It’s the only building exercise I do that I start breathing heavy because of the large muscles that are being used.

I have noticed that I have lost overall body-fat, without changing my cardio or eating habits.
Because of the larger muscles, you may gain weight, but you will loses inches in the fat-zones.

Cardio exercise, weight training and good eating habits is the key to better fitness.
Thanks for your input. I heard before that building muscle also burns fat. I think a combination of cardio, lifting and diet should be my main focus. Right now, time has been my only enemy.
Appreciate 0