View Single Post
      05-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #22
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
But such articles do give one pause. Especially since the Germans pride themselves on their stereotypical engineering prowess - hopefully they are watching the GT-R and the Evo X with some keen interest. The Japanese are knocking on the Porsche/BMW door. They may not yet have the snob appeal, but their engineering is starting to become un-ignorable.

Such articles? >90% of the reviews, shootouts and extended driving impressions for the 1's have said the same thing: Total kick ass. So you are going to "take pause" from one article? /shrug

Go read Motortrend or Edmunds reviews. Look at the Road and Track Slalom, 0-60 time, and stopping stats vs the Evo/Cayman S and the likes.

I'll ask again...Have you driven a 135i hard yet??? The car in stock form is far beyond most of our abilities to drive it. If you track, throw a little cash into the suspension and continue to kick ass.

As far as Germans worrying about cars like the EvoX...something tells me they aren't. The EVO is so ass ugly, classless and unprofessional looking that very few people over 30 would ever consider it. That my friend is a fact. Like it or not, in the professional world pulling up in an EVO no matter what its performance was would get a big laugh.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]