Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
I'm currently active duty and have pretty much everything through USAA. I've only had to make one claim in the 7 years I've been with them, but that one went very smoothly and they were super helpful.

I have heard more and more people complaining about their service. Most are former or retired service members that are having issues. Not sure if USAA changes their level of customer service for those still active vs those separated or retired? If they do that's a huge shame as well.
I’ve been out for a while, but USAA has still been great to me. Continue hearing these bad stories about them. Kind of concerning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
I'm currently active duty and have pretty much everything through USAA. I've only had to make one claim in the 7 years I've been with them, but that one went very smoothly and they were super helpful.

I have heard more and more people complaining about their service. Most are former or retired service members that are having issues. Not sure if USAA changes their level of customer service for those still active vs those separated or retired? If they do that's a huge shame as well.
My recent experience. They tried to double the annual premium on a homeowners policy. The basis for that decision was that "their system" rated poorly the performance of a local fire department and said that the distance to the house was excessive. The fire department they chose was two counties away and they refused to believe what the policyholder and the local FD was telling them with regards to the the mix up. It took the state insurance commissioner to fix it.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0