08-30-2022, 06:23 PM   #150
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue87 View Post
I had an Acura TSX 6 speed for 9 years, then some overlap with this S2000 and don't think I would miss it too much when it's time to sell. I kind of preferred the flexibility a manual gives you while driving around, but not enough to miss out on a good car. I've also learned that it takes some skill and a ton of attention to drive a manual agressively without eventually damaging the transmission.
I agree. Not only skill but patience as well.

I feel like depending on the car you have, there comes a point where it just doesn't make sense to have it in a manual. There's many factors that determine what makes it a sensible buy or not, IMHO.

And i am living with that regret right now with my z06. I got the manual because the 8 speed auto GM put in these cars is garbage. However because i went the manual route, i couldn't/didn't want modify the car the way i really wanted to with these cars. The LT4 is bulletproof and i wanted to explore much more power with this car. But the manual held me back.

Had i went with the auto when i bought the car, my z06 would have close to 1000rwhp right now. And i wasted this opportunity with this platform to do that, because i went for the manual.
Appreciate 1
Blue87375.50