11-27-2008, 08:14 AM   #9
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleshuffle View Post
How is it ripping off some ones idea if I only fliped a stock part so air could be rammed in there???? So I guess RPI "ripped off" the idea from american big blocks???? How about if I drilled a hole in my hood and mounted the deflector there. Would I be ripping off the american hood scoop companies???? Maybe you should have actually looked at the part, I didn't use sheet metal nor does it even look like RPIs. I just posted this for people that didn't want to waste a $100 on a $2 pice of sheet metal.

I agree this is no even close to ripping off RPI! All he did was take the stock scoop and turn it to make it work better. I don't get how everybody always get bent out of shape when some one makes a scoop and starts crying that they are ripping off rpi. Do you think RPI was the first company to discover that having a scoop to direct air to the intake make more power? If you do you have been living under rock! Hell the idea has been around on cars since the for at least 60 years. Think of the muscle cars that had hood scoops and "ram air." I guess RPI was ripping of Chrysler, Ford and Chevy... come on guys relax! I give you two thumbs up for actually making something for your car... I am sick of the people on thsi board who get all bent out of shape when one actually has the balls go forge out on his own and try something different! Yea it may or may not work but hey you tired something different. I for one love trying different things as the process of making something is tons of fun. I also thank you for offering to post up a DIY.... the Z forums are way to slow! No one really posts and pictures, videos or even reviews of products let alone trying to make parts themselves. The only time anybody posts is when they want to bitch. Oh BTW I own an RPI scoop.... well I will once it gets off backorder.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0