05-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #20
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Thats funny stage 2 wasnt annouced untill 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM. Stage 1 can use the solenoid if its pneumatic. As far as upgrades there were Stage 1's that had a USB connection they may have only did that for betas. There was no stage 2 firmware in December because Terry didnt even have his development car. Where are you getting your incorrect facts?
You're right stage 2 for F30 N55's wasn't out to the public until early Feb. N55 stage 2 had been out since 2011 but not for the F30s obviously.

I swear I saw something related to a firmware update in December 2012 but perhaps that was the non F30 N55 version of stage 2.

And yes, stage 1's did have the USB connection, but currently do not (I can confirm that on the one I have on my car and a conversation I had with Terry). But Stage 1 F30 N55 directions say not to plug in the solenoid connection. Apparently some early version of the DME can use it with no issues, but they're telling people not to plug it in for stage 1. Stage 2 is a different story.

So my bad, one of my firmware update date on stage 2 was wrong. Nothing has changed with stage 1 in quite a while other than them removing the ability to connect to USB to your laptop.
Appreciate 0