View Single Post
      12-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #14
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I took lessons for a while. Honestly I never cared for getting my license, I just did it for fun. Plus learned enough that if the shit hit's the fan I can probably fly a Cessna 152 out of the zombie apocalypse.

However I can't imagine it would be much of a time saver for traveling. I mean unless there is a specific destination you go to and there's an airport nearby and you live somewhere with a bunch of traffic. Or maybe if you fly to areas you can't really drive to, like around here some people fly to the Bahamas. Seems to be something you do for fun more than anything.

To me it seems like a lot of trouble and expense to MAYBE save a little bit of time.

Plus the whole wife situtation makes no sense to me. You took classes, you have a bunch of hours in, but yet you say wife should do it instead. If you want the license why wouldn't you just finish it? After all you make it sound like she would do it for you, but doesn't really have much interest in flying.
I have some mental things that I've been dealing with that has slowed learning. I have no doubt it was going to take me 80+ hours to get the license. She would be able to get it in a minimal amount of time. And just so every one is clear, she wasn't making me give up getting another car, it was just budgeted to go towards that and I was thinking about the plane stuff possibly instead. The main reason we wanted it was to save travel time so it sounds like it won't make sense.

Thank you all for the advice! Saved me a ton of time and money, we'll try again when more financially ready.
Appreciate 0