Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You win. This is sooo awesome.

Do you design it all too, or does the wife do that?

My hubby is as handy as I am, but he can't ever understand the concept I'm going after. I can talk for hours trying to explain to him why certain things have to be done in certain way and he hears white noise. When we're like 75% done, he has a moment of clarity and then I hear the most frustrating words ever...

"I didn't know you were after this kind of solution."

Right. Okay. Eat shit and die.

(it's our 10th wedding anniversary. I forgot it so now I need to make him look bad)
My wife has a hard time understanding some of the concepts - even things like taking a simple wall out to extend the kitchen...so she only puts her 2 cents in when I get the job 95% complete and sit on it for a while (I am, your typical man).

I designed both floor plans in cad, but had a company work on the elevation drawings and bill of material for the 2nd floor. From the inside...you cannot tell that either one is an addition. I just wish I was as good at matching brick on the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
ShopVac amazing! I am impressed by people who have the dedication to do such things. And as the house has not fallen apart, you seem to do it right.
I don't even have a crack in the foundation yet...so I'm hoping to be good here.

I have 3 major beams in in this house - that if any were to fail, I'd be done for. One is with the picture of the car in the garage. It spans 26 feet and does not have a post in the center (as most homes do).

One is directly over my fish tank, and T's to a supporting wall.

And the main one is this...which consists of 3-2"x14"x30' laminated wood beams, sandwiched with 1/2" steel plates.

If this comes out - I just level the house and start over