View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #31
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Hey, thanks for the input. You guys have scared me out of it.

I'd like to stay under $6k for my first bike as I'm not sure how much I'm going to actually ride it. It's going to be a weekend toy for some of the backroads around here in central Florida. I was thinking it would be a fun little project to keep me entertained as I've been stuck behind a computer screen for several months now.

I do know one guy who rides and he has recommend a CBR250 or something in its class for my first bike. Problem is, I really don't want something that 'weak.' I grew up riding ATV's and dirt bikes, so I do have experience handling power sports, but I also understand a street-bike and off-road toy are two different beasts.

I have also considered an enduro, I really like the KTM enduros, but a little out of my price range.
For 6K you can definitely get yourself a clean, used 600cc sport bike. If you have experience with ATVs and dirt bikes you'll be fine with a 600. I started on a 250 and they get really old, really quick. A motorcycle will only go as fast as you make it go. Wear your gear every time. Good luck!
Appreciate 1