View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 08:19 AM   #410
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
The Green Yard...cause I like how it also has micro nutrients. I know Pete has his own Fert he's been developing but never took the time to really look into it. i'll have to check it out tho. Allyn Hayne just replied to my comment and it looks like he'll have more CarbonX coming as I made a statement about what's the point in selling a product if you're always gonna be out? I called CarbonX Milorganite Jr lol. not sure if he liked that. I would definitely get the RGS down and Humic12 before Summer gets here that way your grass will develop a better tolerance for heat and drought just in case you don't run your irrigation. with the RGS the roots will grow deeper where it can get more moisture below. my lawn did really well last year with both RGS and Humic12. let me know how that Hyr-Brix works for you
Yeah, it got a lot of hype and interest going as a result but seemed to only be available in small quantities. Similar to Milo but compressed into a shorter time span.

Since it is a little bit rainy today, I was going to put down RGS in the front and back (it'd have to be watered in anyways). it looks like the Hyr-Brix should get delivered this morning so I'll put it down in the front yard after the RGS.

Should I also put the Humic down now as well (front and back)? I figured the RGS/Humic applications would be spread out.

I've got 6cu yds of top soil/compost mix coming later today. That'll be my fun in the backyard later today/tomorrow:

1. run the thatcher implement to scuff things up in the backyard. It'd too big an area of bare and thin areas to do by hand
2. lay down a thin-ish layer of the topsoil/compost mix, likely a thicker layer in the bare areas
3. put down starter fert (Lesco)
4. put down GCI's blend of tall fescue seed
5. lightly rake (manually) the seed into the topsoil/compost mix
6. put out the sprinklers and set the water timers for a few, short duration waterings throughout the day (although chances of rain all weekend)