View Single Post
      09-11-2021, 07:42 PM   #4
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e91Owner View Post
For headlights with HID, they are all going to be expensive as they are all OE from Hella and a few other companies. You can buy used ones on eBay, but not in the best shape. Also for the HID, you will also need the ballast which is typically not included with the used housings. Not sure about the pre-LCI e60s, but adaptive headlights are also more common in US LCI cars than just straight xenon, so you'll want to make sure you are ordering the correct part numbers. Not sure how much damage you are recovering from.

There are a lot of companies online (with which I have no experience) that will sell you a painted aftermarket bumper. As an 18 year old car, though, it will not match that well. The first one I looked at came up with $280 painted.

Also, this forum is pretty inactive relative to the 3-series forums. I check here from time to time, but 5series.net is a more frequented.
For the headlights, I still have the original broken ones so I could potentially take out the ballast and all that if that's possible. Can I just use any aftermarket headlight like DEPO and utilize the OEM ballast and bulbs and such?

Where did you find that bumper? I don't need it painted because I think they are going to repaint the whole car

Will check out 5series.net thank you
Appreciate 1