View Single Post
      01-15-2018, 01:20 AM   #13
FAZKW
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
Could the production be delayed because you are doing two individual options? I would presume BMW will prioritize standard colors first so they can fill their order bank and produce cars faster. Keep in mind you initiated a special order at the beginning of a production for a new model.
I actually went to my dealer yesterday and sat down with the sales manager. Before even telling him my order specs, he told me if you're delayed it's because you probably ordered individual leather. The Brilliant white metallic adds about 4-6 weeks to production which was already factored into my production/delivery time when I placed the order. Apparently they have a shortage of the 3 choices of individual leather (Smoke White, Tartufo, Caramel).

So, I basically made a decision that I will not take a 2018 MY delivered in August, I would rather wait for July production and take a 2019 MY. I also asked him to find me a solution and get me in an M2 or M3 at no or minimal cost (wishful thinking) until my M5 arrives.

Let's see what he can come up with!
Appreciate 0