Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I think the NFL was jealous of the NBA's popularity in the 90's, they wanted more offense so they swayed the rules in favor to that side of the ball. They wanted more points so they could get more touchdown celebrations.
Player safety is part of it...but more touchdowns are more exciting to watch. They don't need to go after the hardcore fan That fan will always be there. They NEED to go after the 'I'm kind of interested' fan'. That fan wants excitement. High scoring games. Long runs/passes. It get's boring watching a team slug it out weekend after weekend and the score is very low. 'It was a huge defense battle' is code word for boring as fuck to watch to the 'average fan'.

edit: They want to get more casual fans. The husband's wife and kids for example. Remember all the pink hats etc? The NFL knows who it is marketing itself to and how it wants to present it's brand image. HINT: it is not scaring mom's with concussions and huge hits. They want more casual fans.

Just like there are more 3 pointers and slam dunks in basketball the NFL will have more touchdowns and bigger plays. It is what the fans want. The fans bring in the $$$. Therefor it is what the Owners want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I never was a big Brady fan, but to be honest, I'd kind of like to see him win another Super Bowl (over the Chiefs) just to rub it in a little bit more. I'm over Mahomes; he's been over-merchandized at this point. But you are right, time for some new blood.
I agree. Be nice to see Brady give it to Mahomes again(yes I know they play on different sides of the field). Also, one more SB just cements his unattainable records/legacy even more. Not to mention he is more likely to play another 1-3 years. Maybe he retires if he gets another SB but I doubt it...he keeps saying he will quit when he starts to play bad football and the guy just keeps playing amazing year over year putting up great numbers. The talking heads continue to look like idiots that don't know WTF they are talking about when they go on about how TB is falling off a cliff etc. Every few years they bring it up if he stumbles or has a few bad games etc. and he proves that they don't know shit.

Does Brady get NFL MVP? I think he should over Rogers: https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/...n-2021-nfl-mvp

I also don't think what Roger's said/did about Covid was above board. Maybe he did not lie but he certainly mislead on purpose which is almost lying...while the MVP may be about stats I find it hard to believe that will not taint his chances just a bit. Does the Commissioner(I know he does not vote or is not directly involved) really want AR as MVP? Do the owners?

Edit: Cowboys and Pats both lost:

Last edited by Torgus; 01-17-2022 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0