07-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #126
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
The Deep Sea is 44 or 45mm, pretty darn big.

When I started looking into watches, I was looking at the 44-45mm watches like Panerai, Big Bang, Royal Oak Offsore, I was on a "big watch" kick. After getting my first watch (Rolex Submariner) I still thought I'd get a bigger watch someday. I had the opportunity to try on a few 44-45mm watches (Panerai and Deep Sea), and I found them too big for my taste, and I'm not small wristed.

The regular Sea Dweller is just a tad thicker than the Submariner but otherwise the same size, and I've concluded that for me, 40-42mm is the perfect size. My Panerai is 40mm but it's a really big watch, as is my Orange Monster.

Z and M series (the last before the larger Deep Sea Dweller) Sea Dwellers are around 5-6 grand, and since they're discontinued they will appreciate very Very well IMO.
i went in with the intention of getting the deep sea but ended up with the sedweller instead. it wasnt because the face size ie 44 was too big across for me it was that the height of the watch seemed huge. didnt work for me. i have other watches up to 46 i think and dont find them too big even though i dont have big wrists.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0