View Single Post
      03-15-2020, 09:26 PM   #107
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Building a mezzanine in the pole barn at the cabin, to expand my storage capacity. There's an old maxim that says "your shit always expands to fit the space you've got to store it in." I've never been able to prove it wrong. I've been acquiring some parts for a potential project...or to continue to fulfill my role as a keeper of the flame for a couple of old Ford motor platforms. These are blocks and heads and reciprocating assembly parts, so they're heavy. Some other, lighter stuff, and some seasonal things, will be relocated to the mezzanine to make room for some beefy metal racks I have ready to set up.

I'm a natural organizer and curator, so it's deeply satisfying.

I need to install 1 or 2 additional motion sensors for the alarm system, since the mezzanine will obscure the view of the current ones mounted in the ceiling. Have a friend who owns a commercial building management and alarm company, so he'll be up in a couple of weekends to make that happen. There may be beer drunk and steaks grilled and various meats smoked. Just a hunch.

Also building a cooled and ventilated sound-proof enclosure for the air compressor. I enjoy the calm and quiet of wrenching with some jazz or blues playing in the background; having it abruptly pierced every hour or half-hour by an air compressor run cycle is getting tiresome.

Life is good, virus and all.
MKSixer34184.50
Salty Dog3574.50