View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #158
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
The love love part. She said she's ok with you just leaving one day? SHe's such a liar. No one is ever ok with the person they love just rolling out like that.
She never really says much when I discuss this with her. She states that she doesn't want to lose me but she also knows that I'm not going to stick around in a town where the median income $26k/year with nothing keeping me here but her. Do I love her, yes, but emotional commitments only cause hardship and pain; I'm beyond this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I'm not a shrink nor do I play one on TV but from my own personal experience and relating it to that of my other friends who are divorced, those partners who maintain a sense of self in the marriage have marriages that do better. I know that my personality became sublimated into the thing that our marriage became and consumed my sense of freedom, fun and ability to recognize that I was in a problematic situation.

The first 6 months to 12 months were like a period in a decompression chamber. It was amazing to get back to the things I enjoyed without the pressure and hassle of attempting to manage a terrible relationship.

I think it's perfectly normal and healthy to want to be alone at times. You damn well better like yourself and if not, you need some bro time or couch time. Take your pick.

Cheers-mk
When I divorced my second wife and started becoming acclimated with being able to do the things I wanted to again, without having to explain every detail down to the minute. It felt like watching a pet that only stays indoor being allowed outside for the first time. I felt like I should constantly be looking over shoulder to make sure it was ok. Very strange progression in getting back to who I once was after that succubus siphoned my soul through my knee caps. I'm still a firm believer that a person must be happy with themselves before they should get into relationship with anyone. Being miserable is only going to make someone else miserable.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50