03-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #40
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
And now for something completely different...

Last concert I attended was Michael Buble in Detroit a couple of weeks ago. My wife is a big fan and she is losing mobility so I paid up for great seats. 5 hour drive each way, hotel and dinner, and the tix totaled about $2k. Worth every penny.

Before that I was with a bunch of Parrotheads at the Buffet, which was not worth the price but a fun evening. And the Stones halftime show during the XL Super Bowl was, like most Super Bowl halftime shows, disappointing.

Regularly attend Opera - also about a 90 minute drive to the closest theater, and now and then classical concerts. Have served on both orchestra and opera boards. Opera is great entertainment; I love taking folks in their 20s for a totally new experience for them.

Love a good musical - last I saw was Mama Mia. Want to see Book of Mormon, Jersey Boys and a few others. I try to see those when I’m in NYC or London.

Probably won’t do much more until my wife can really enjoy again. Those opportunities are fading.
So Buble was absolutely the right thing to do. I'd love to see that good clean Canadian boy.....did he do Me and Mrs Jones? I'll bet you could hear the panties hitting the floor. The first time I took my wife to see Buffet (i'm a huge fan) she wore flip flops and some guy wearing a coconut bar barffed on her feet.....she was FUCKING MAD...swore she'd never go back. She has and she gets it now. Were going back this summer. Hope your wife makes out ok.....peace.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent15129.00
2000cs3516.00
King Rudi13157.00