07-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #82
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
I swear i just read this story with slightly different wording very recently. Am I tripping out or have your recently posted this story somewhere else? weirdest deja vu
Maybe I posted it ....my mind is slipping....old man now...54

It was a trip!!!

I bet I posted it before....

So I will post the buell crash story....

3rd guy was a friend of guy number two. Long time rider...Always Harleys. (real bikes ya know....yah sure!).

By the time we get to the first gas station I know this guy has no clue how to actually ride a motorcycle.

He is on guy number twos buell (because it is a "Harley") and has NEVER ridden a sportbike ever. In retrospect the buell was not a good bike...but not my choice to make.

So I say...Ride at your own pace but at some point today if you feel like you are going too fast in a corner I want you to push real hard on the inside handle bar and look all the way through the corner...don't touch the brakes or the gas.

We get out to 211 west of DC near sperryville and hit the curves. I go into the very first left hander at about 10% of my normal....and he is gone when I glance in the mirror. We do a rockford and head back. Bikes in the ditch...shifter is bent...but intact and just ugly. He is fine but frazzled.

He says "we were going so fast!!!" We might have been going 35....in a corner that you could easily double that.

I asked did you push on the inside bar or hit the brakes? "It was so fast I had to brake".

We told him he had a choice. Hang out and get the reckless driving ticket or ride on.

He climbed back on.....I said push on the inside bar!!!!

After that ride I never saw him again....back to the cruisers I am sure!!

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0