View Single Post
      12-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #22
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justm3f80 View Post
in my build sheet for the Macan I selected those wheels My goodness the make the car look sharp! I'm curious, how does you dad find the livability of the car? I mean a bit of fun here and there.. gapping a few ///Ms or Mercs or whatever comes his way ( just kidding, only grown ups here none of that hoobash here ) but is it a car with a soul, can I hear the engine sing how's the power delivery? There are few cars that just leave you with an impression. is this one of them?
Not sure if you’ve already made your purchase as it’s been a few months, but we have a 2018 Macan Turbo Performance Package with PDK, Sports Chrono, etc. It’s freaking amazing is all I can say. First ever “larger” car we’ve bought as I always vowed to never get an SUV (this is a crossover so maybe I maintain my record!), but it drives like a sports car. Sub-4 second 0-60, sounds aggressive, lots of popping and burbles on deceleration, corners on rails, stops on a dime, and sounds like a 911 GT3 when you floor it. I’ve even taken it out for a few laps at Buttonwillow. It’s still a heavy-ish car with high CofG, but it still felt pretty amazing for the type of car it is.

Personally I thought it had way more soul than an X3M, or any other SUV/CUV we saw. We looked at the Urus and it was way too heavy and had a standard automatic transmission (not dual clutch). Same with the Bentayga, which was fast but even heavier. The DBX was terrible. The Cayenne wasn’t nimble enough. Range Rover’s were too boring.

Ultimately the Macan Turbo PP was the best option by far. I assume the S or GTS would be still pretty cool, though I haven’t tried them so can’t be 100%.

HTH - and if you’ve already made your selection, curious as to what you chose!

Thanks!

S.
Appreciate 0