08-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #21
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by justm3f80 View Post
in my build sheet for the Macan I selected those wheels My goodness the make the car look sharp! I'm curious, how does you dad find the livability of the car? I mean a bit of fun here and there.. gapping a few ///Ms or Mercs or whatever comes his way ( just kidding, only grown ups here none of that hoobash here ) but is it a car with a soul, can I hear the engine sing how's the power delivery? There are few cars that just leave you with an impression. is this one of them?
Frankly speaking, we both drive it like total a-holes. It's fun to drive at any speed, the steering is so tight even when pulling out of the driveway. Very naturally-weighted and has very natural road feedback. It makes you not even miss hydraulic steering. Gearing is long but shifts are reasonably quick and make a nice noise. The car does not have sport exhaust yet when driving with the windows open it sounds very much like it does. My mother hates that and thinks it's obnoxious lol.

It's a very special and soulful car. In fact it reminds me a lot of my old E90 in ways, and there have been other E90 guys online who feel similarly. Handling is out of this world not just for a CUV but for any car.

Now it is an S and not a GTS or Turbo. So it's quick and has more than enough power for public roads but not a full blown weapon.
Appreciate 0