08-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #18
justm3f80
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3, Forester XT, Saab 92x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
2018 Macan base owner here. It's a great 2nd vehicle. It's the 4cyl turbo so it doesn't have much grunt but it's very enjoyable to drive. The interior is very Porsche, with buttons for everything (which I prefer). Ours is Sapphire Blue and it gets a LOT of looks based on the color alone. Absolute beast in the winter with snow tires.

I will say the rear door opening is a bit narrower than the X3M but that will only likely matter to you if you are dealing with a car seat or large adults on the regular. I also believe (would need to check, I was only using a stroller for scale) that the x3M has slightly more cargo room in the rear because it doesn't have the rear slope of the Macan.

These are minor. My MAJOR complaint about the Macan is Porsche maintenance is significantly more expensive than BMW's have been in my experience. We've paid over $2K for just planned stuff and there are only 30K miles on our 2018.

Agree with the above post that you really have to compare the Macan Turbo to the X3M, and also as mentioned above the Macan gets VERY expensive once you start to option it beyond just the base configuration (the Porsche tax).

They're both great platforms though. Hard to go wrong and if I were to do it all over again I'd probably still lean Porsche because I love seeing it next to the G80 every time I open the garage door :0
Appreciate the information and the comparison. I've always been a sucker for quirky cars. ilI blame my dad for having a Mazda 1200 back when I was a kid when everywhere I could see were Ford's and Peugeot's. Definitely looking into maintenance as a consideration, I didn't expect to have to fork out anything other than fuel for the 3.5 year lease. This I will bring up with the stealership when I'm bargaining. last question does it feel like more of an expansive Audi or does it have its own character and styling that feels distinctly Porsche? only asking since it shares a tonne of parts with its German siblings. thanks!
Appreciate 0