08-04-2021, 05:53 PM   #6
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justm3f80 View Post
Hi, I'm new to the German vehicle driving scene. My family has always had Japanese cars mostly Subaru's. Having relocated to to North America after stints working abroad I found the quality of Japanese cars sold (here in Canada) to be a notch lower that the ones I drove in Japan or in S.E Asia or at least what I experienced in Subaru's - was a certifiable subie fanboi in a previous life.. I'm a recovering AWD addict. I ended up ditching my 2018 Forester XT turbo after a year of ownership, it just wasn't a fun car to drive, wife hated it and prefered her previous Audi Q5 2.0T which felt planted on the road and was more comfortable that the Forester. Not saying the Forester was bad but we just didn't enjoy it and felt it lacked a soul. Fast forward we are now looking at options to replace the Forester. I'm leaning towards the all new X3 M because it's reviews have been great and the reliability so far stellar! and it would be great to add another 'M' to the fleet. A friend recently raved to me about the Porsche Macan S and how it's such an all rounder for the price, luxury, comfort speed and handling. Looks wise its sharp (to me) but not as handsome as the X3 M IMHO.

I'm hoping to get an honest impressions on livability of both for those who have been fortunate enough to experience them. I expect to lease for 3.5 years so no long term ownership considerations for my part. I want to beat on the car as a daily and cut it loose at the end of the lease. We have a dog (Enzo) he prefers Italian cars but that's out of my budget for now

Thanks in advance!!
The lower trim Macan's use VW sourced engines, not Audi or Porsche like the Cayenne. The Macan optioned is really expensive.

Last year, we looked at the Macan, X3 and Tesla Y for my wife. I think if she drove the X4 M40i she might have picked it since it a good mix of sporty and comfort. We ended up with the Tesla Y Performance.

Personally, value for money I'd take the higher trim levels of the X3/X4 over the Macan. The Macan prices I recall once we had the options was X5 territory. We were looking at the Macan S and GTS and they were in the 80K range.
Appreciate 0