View Single Post
      08-04-2021, 04:44 PM   #1
justm3f80
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3, Forester XT, Saab 92x

Hi, I'm new to the German vehicle driving scene. My family has always had Japanese cars mostly Subaru's. Having relocated to to North America after stints working abroad I found the quality of Japanese cars sold (here in Canada) to be a notch lower that the ones I drove in Japan or in S.E Asia or at least what I experienced in Subaru's - was a certifiable subie fanboi in a previous life.. I'm a recovering AWD addict. I ended up ditching my 2018 Forester XT turbo after a year of ownership, it just wasn't a fun car to drive, wife hated it and prefered her previous Audi Q5 2.0T which felt planted on the road and was more comfortable that the Forester. Not saying the Forester was bad but we just didn't enjoy it and felt it lacked a soul. Fast forward we are now looking at options to replace the Forester. I'm leaning towards the all new X3 M because it's reviews have been great and the reliability so far stellar! and it would be great to add another 'M' to the fleet. A friend recently raved to me about the Porsche Macan S and how it's such an all rounder for the price, luxury, comfort speed and handling. Looks wise its sharp (to me) but not as handsome as the X3 M IMHO.

I'm hoping to get an honest impressions on livability of both for those who have been fortunate enough to experience them. I expect to lease for 3.5 years so no long term ownership considerations for my part. I want to beat on the car as a daily and cut it loose at the end of the lease. We have a dog (Enzo) he prefers Italian cars but that's out of my budget for now

Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 2
Fritzer942.50
chassis6487.00