View Single Post
      10-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #58
six75LT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
If you feel that DCT is clunky then you are the problem. Either not smooth enough with right foot or not timing your shifts correctly.

I will never buy a sports car with a torque converter. I dont care how good they have programmed them and I dont want to not feel the shifts. They feel disconnected and ruin the driving experience. And I know, I have one in my SQ5.

Remember that Lambo uses single clutch in the Aventador because DCT is too smooth! Not enough of an emotional experience.

Basically if you are afraid of spilling your oat milk latte because of a bad shift, you should be driving a 340i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I have a dct, smg, zf8 and manual cars. All right now. My programmed zf isn’t faster than the dct and the smg is by far the roughest. The automatic is well known to behave quite differently when heat comes into the equation.

Calling a dct an auto is a misnomer as well. There is no torque converter on the manual variants but those who clutch their levers like the finest of pearls will argue semantics until blue in the face.

The answer to this thread is obvious. Add weight. Add easier trans. Add flashy (albeit ugly) exterior it’s the demographic they are targeting. If you don’t think there were focus groups, studies and money spent on identifying trends you’re fooling yourself. If you think the auto is a more enthusiast option, you’ve ignored the concurrent trends.
seriously whats up with "men" these days who buy sports cars? always complaining about something. "jerky transmissions" or "rough rides". if thats too much for you to handle, dont daily your car or dont buy it in the first place. DCT experience is night and day compared to autos and some of us enjoy that, not just talking about performance either.
Appreciate 0