View Single Post
      11-10-2023, 02:00 PM   #22
spicyB48
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Very interesting and uninformed takes on Volvo. They are not struggling, at all. There's also appeal even though they may not appeal to you. As someone mentioned in the thread, Volvo's fortunes turned about a decade ago and they've been doing well and capturing market share since.

We've owned three XC90s as a family hauler, two of which were plugins, in the last 5 years. A couple minor issues along the way, but no different than any other manufacturer. In recent years, the styling has improved drastically, the safety ratings are very good, and they lease well.

You want to talk bout a brand losing it's cachet, you should look no further than BMW. They lost their way years ago with questionable styling and unnecessary product stratification with X1s and X2s and X3s all the way up to 7, and 1 series', and faux M cars, and the list goes on. The only forum I've been on where there's a very active thread of former BMW owners who have decided to look elsewhere because of the aforementioned.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but to me, Volvo is absolutely the worst carmaker around. I wouldn't take a Volvo if it was free.