View Single Post
      01-22-2022, 12:24 AM   #19
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Whole gang together before I let the Miata go today. Went to a really nice kid who will take really good care of it. Just time for it to go and focus on other projects.

Did a quick oil change and all looked pretty good. Looked pretty fresh, but also had the wrong oil filter size on it. Typical. Underside of the car is pretty wet from oil residue so I have a few things to chase down but otherwise seems pretty good.

Already collected a few drips on the cardboard I stuck underneath so i'll have to get it back on ramps and make sure it's the oil cooler assembly again. I went ahead and ordered the Speedconcepts oil cooler rebuild kit just cause - OIL COOLER O-RING GASKETS & HEX TOOL REBUILD KIT 1996-2004 COBRA & MUSTANGS | Speed Concepts

I was also hoping to have gotten my IRS bolts in by now, but i'll just focus on changing out my fender intake for a straight-shooter while also changing plugs and doing my dreaded compression test. Nothing to suggest it's not ok, but you never know what you'll find sometimes. Car came with a fender-well intake, which is fine, but the filter is filthy and this is intended to see more active use. Hot air intake it is lol.

Clutch is definitely making some noise, hoping it's just from not being driven much. It's a little tapping from the lower driver's side of the driveline where the inspection cover is (or would have been, had it not been left off). I'll have to mess with the firewall adjuster a little bit more and see what I can get out of this setup. Not really wanting to do a clutch yet, but that's part of the game right?

I'll shoot some more pics tomorrow when i'm back underneath the thing and see what I can come up with.
P111572.00