04-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Germany: What are you favorite driving roads???

For those of us who just like to go out and drive the German countryside, what are your favorite roads to drive on?

This one I came up with today, it was a blast. I started near Vogelweh heading south towards Schopp. It really starts after climbing the near impossibly steep hill in the center of Schopp. After you get out of Schoop, the roads are nice and twisty. I wanted to go all the way up to Hochspeyer, but B-48 was closed. So they put me on an awesome detour with tight hairpins and awesome corners.

Schopp to Johanniskreuz is that really narrow road-type that you can only really fit 1 1/2 cars on, lol. So passing on-coming traffic can pucker up your butthole sometimes, haha. Once you get on the B-48, its a real 2 lane road, but there are some random slow spots (speed limit wise) because of really tight turns. But then there is that lovely detour.

*BTW, as my disclaimer, I remained on my side of the road and speeding on these tight narrow roads was really not necessary (most of the route is 100kph).

This is my run today, Google says 1 hour, but I think they were a bit off.

This is what I want to try in the next few days. On the map it looks incredible. I'll give it a try and let you guys know, unless someone wants to roll with me.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0