vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I got new CO detectors a few weeks ago. They're still packaged. I've been lazy. OTOH, since the furnaces aren't running, there is no CO source in the house, so it's not critical. (Unless I do something really stupid like leaving the car running in the garage.)
I had a few on the alarm system already, but back-filled with Kidde detectors linked to my Wink hub to send me an alert if there were problems in un-covered locations like our detached garage. The price on wireless Honeywell alarm system smoke detectors has fallen enough where they are comparable to the other "smart" detector options on the market, so it was a no-brainer to do it right this time.

Quote:
It just seems such a waste to drive up there and not be able to eat at our usual Indian restaurant. I supposed we could do take-out, but with an hour ride home, it's just not as good.
Can't eat it there in a parking lot? Pack a folding table and chairs in your trunk, and make it a formal affair. My DW has made the half-hour trip to our favorite Sri Lankan restaurant for take-out a few times so far during lockdown, and I concur that it doesn't travel well. The owner *really* appreciates the business, though.....