Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifletch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
As standard, you can connect one phone via Bluetooth/USB and use Siri on your iOS device by pressing and holding down the voice command button on steering wheel. I've no idea of Google Now and Cortana are also supported or not. Needless to say, all the voice commands will be limited to your phone's capabilities.

If you have 6NS, you will be able to add up to three music devices and/or two phones via Bluetooth. You'll also get one snap-in adaptor in the armrest plus a mobile aerial for better reception. Voice command with 6NS controls certain car features (on top of Siri, etc.). You can operate satnav, music, radio, phone and so on without touching any of the iDrive controls.

If the commands you normally use are to do with your phone (e.g. change music, read email, etc.), and if you don't want your kids to play their awful music via your car's stereo, then I wouldn't bother with 6NS. But if you want to listen to the soundtrack from Frozen all the time and would rather have hands-free controls instead of iDrive buttons and knobs, then go for it.
So you do get one snap-in adaptor as part of 6NS? I added 6NS to my order a few weeks after I placed my order and the dealer was able to get the factory to add it.
No you get the wiring in place to add a snap in adaptor. BMW make you pay you pay for the specific adaptor for the phone.