FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwas View Post
So, if you're coming from a hellcat, you are coming from the charger platform, and even in the most basic bare bones version this is a solid, quiet, smooth platform. Doors are solid, heavy, etc. Materials are thick, plastic has give and isn't thin, etc.

You most likely will not be happy in a subaru or honda or even a toyota. Even in their most loaded models. They are not the same feel (intentionally). Doors are light, plastics are thin. Some people prefer that, as it makes the cars seem more toss able, or more modern, but its subjective. This is like the difference in audi (cheap feeling knobs) and lexus (thicker dampened knobs). Materials matter.

The question is, do you want to stay in that type of machine, or go for something else? Do you want 4 doors or even need a back seat?
For example, you could get a non-quadrofolio alfa guilia or new genesis G70. you could do a used lexus GS. If those are all too big, the M235 is a nice car, but for a daily errand runner its not more impressive than the 228 its based on. There's always a used boxster or cayman if you can physically get in one.

Or do you want to think outside the box entirely, and get a used model 3?
Personally? I would set a budget (low) and stick to it, that way you don't get buyers remorse over something that was outside of your budget anyway.

Seth
Brands like Honda & Toyota are not even on my radar. They make nothing fun for me. Lexus? RC-F or bust
Budget was in my OP. $30k or less.
Porsche for a winter daily? Hard pass. Also not paying the cost to maintain a car like that.
Again, no electric cars.
It does not have to have 4 doors, but I'd like something where I can still haul loose wheels, tires, etc. I have my Miata for 2 seat fun
Appreciate 0