06-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #84
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
$20-26 every saturday for a trunk full of fruits and vegetables from the public market which is worth the 45 minute round trip for me.

$40-65 at grocery store for meats and everything else.

We eat out once a week or every other week.

Just for me and my woman for now until we have kids.
Same here....we eat out once a week as a splurge meal. Everything else we cook. Probably spend about $175-$200 a week at the supermarket.

I do use supplements, but not as much as I did in the past.

But we are "empty-nesters". Only debt we have is our mortgage and it will be paid off in about 7 years...maybe sooner depending on how my yearly bonuses go.

But we have 3 vehicles, take a really nice vacation once a year, and a few mini-vacations (Bed and Breakfasts) each year.

We live in the southeast on the NC/SC border near the mountains. Cost of living is pretty cheap. We are 1 hour away from snow skiing...and 3.5 hours away from the beach.

We bought our house in 2006. Since they developed the street behind us and opened up the new equestrian center, our property value has risen almost 40%.

Plus we still own my wife's house near Boone that is located on about 65+ acres of land that her parent's own that they and her brother have also built houses on.

Her and her brother each got a little over 2 acres to go with their houses, and the rest gets divided between the grandkids when they are gone.

Biggest problem with that scenario is that property value is going up astronomically there as they build these huge vacation homes each year. And taxes are higher in NC than they are where we are in SC.