CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Don't buy a house. You never really own anything. You'll pay taxes and all the money that you want to spend on your car you'll end up spending on your house. Unless you pay cash for your home, renting/leasing is not as bad as our society wants you to believe it is. You can rent a condo with a garage attached to work on your car and not be liable for all the little extra expenditures that come along with home ownership. I paid cash for my house 4 years ago and honestly wish that I hadn't I have no time for anything. In the spring it's landscaping, then mowing twice a week along with weed-eating, pruning, hedging, etc. In the fall/winter it's cleaning up leaves. Not to mention all the small little home repairs such as replacing light fixtures, water leaks, appliance failures/replacement. What I'm saving in rent/lease payments I'm paying for in repairs/up-keep. Owning a home and keeping it maintained is a full-time job in itself.
This. I'm lucky in that I'm pretty handy and can fix stuff myself. I also got a good deal, but this is true. Owning a home in many areas also isn't the investment it once was. My parents have been in their current house 10 years in January. They could probably break even if they tried to sell their house right now. Luckily for me a friend will be renting soon, so that helps, and I enjoy working out in the yard, etc.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00