View Single Post
      11-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #2202
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
Honestly I like the idea of owning a house because I want to be able to work on my car and I love having guests over but I'm like 99% sure I don't need to be married for that.
And I'm not too good with trusting people; I can just see that at some point I'll get used to the "comfort", she'll slip and that's that... Not looking forward to that yet hahah.

I just bought one! Hopefully it'll help. Thanks!
Don't buy a house. You never really own anything. You'll pay taxes and all the money that you want to spend on your car you'll end up spending on your house. Unless you pay cash for your home, renting/leasing is not as bad as our society wants you to believe it is. You can rent a condo with a garage attached to work on your car and not be liable for all the little extra expenditures that come along with home ownership. I paid cash for my house 4 years ago and honestly wish that I hadn't I have no time for anything. In the spring it's landscaping, then mowing twice a week along with weed-eating, pruning, hedging, etc. In the fall/winter it's cleaning up leaves. Not to mention all the small little home repairs such as replacing light fixtures, water leaks, appliance failures/replacement. What I'm saving in rent/lease payments I'm paying for in repairs/up-keep. Owning a home and keeping it maintained is a full-time job in itself.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50