01-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #55
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335
Unfortunately the nature of the job can be somewhat tedious and very very repetitive. Automotive manufacturing industry, regardless of brand, jobs are very repetitive and boring.

They see numbers number numbers. Production has to keep moving. You will work overtime like a dog.
Expect 50 to 60 hour work weeks, and of course rotating shifts (days, afternoons and nights). Shifts alone do so much harm to your body internal clock that honestly it is not worth it. You will notice you are more prone to getting sick.

Only thing that keeps people there is the pay and benefits. They know that and that's why they pay so good.

Don't confuse your love and enthusiasm for Bmw car with working for Bmw manufacturing. You will notice right away that it is not the same thing.

Oh and I have been in automotive manufacturing for years in different positions, so I have seen it all first hand. After I left that god damn industry I will never go back to it, ever!

Still love my bmw tho!
+1. I had a summer job at an assembly plant that made axles for OTR trucks. It was a combination of boring and stressful (Especially after I almost ruined a $20k cutting head for ring gears).

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0