05-28-2019, 01:56 PM   #410
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
A pet is a living creature, not a thing you simply dispose of when broken. How can you know about your dog's wishes? Or feelings: it should be glad to see you. Don't misinterpret her feelings fatally wrong, at least! They do have effective (after surgery) pain relief drugs for humans (I know that from experience) so why not for animals? You'd better discuss your concerns with the veterinarian you trust to take care of your dog (or just another one as a precaution), perhaps.

You did not give your dog a life, why would you take it away (and even if you had that wouldn't mean you'd still own it)? You should be dead sure death is the only solution to proceed with that shit. If you love your dog don't deprive it of a chance to survive. If you don't, why would you bother to make decisions for it? Decide for yourself as a responsible dog owner or something, but don't do it from emotional standpoint, driven by guesses (or fears). Fighting for love and life is a worthy endeavour. Giving up without trying is bullshit.
Thank you!

Just last week, I'm amazed at how she still gets the zoomies at almost 8 years old. Then she's having some trouble walking. I wait a day and she's not eating, not drinking, hiding under the bed (NEVER done that before) and won't even look at me. So I take her in to ER. They find a painful spot, give her pain meds and prednisone and say watch her. Next day she has no motor control of hind quarters, so I take her back and they recommend immediate surgery, since she still has a response to pain on the pads. I agonized because I was afraid the wife would nix anything over $1000, but we dropped a deposit of 6k and they did the surgery.

QUALITY of life is at least as important as quantity. I'm giving her a chance, I'm just confused when it's time to let go and not put her thru more misery to postpone my own loss.

So far, I lack the ability to communicate to her that I"m doing this for her to get better and stay with us longer, nor to tell her she can't come home with us until she can pee.
Appreciate 6
Rmtt8211.00
DETRoadster11462.50
upstatedoc7561.50
N54Yankee2707.00
King Rudi13154.00