View Single Post
      04-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #40
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Who made you the 'god' of GQ? Gimme a break. Ya, you seem like the pedantic type. I'm not one to criticize other ppl's views and certainly am tactful when making comments to strangers. A diss is a diss, period.

You're not the only one w/ tailored suits. Most my suits are tailored, including all my dress shirts, monogrammed. Yes, they are french-cuffs as well since it's more formal and suitable for my profession and I like to accessorize w/ nice cufflinks.

...and no, brown is a wimpy color for interviews. OP, if you want to look like Mr Bean, pls follow this guy's 'advice'. If not, listen to others that are more helpful and less condescending.
This is pretty ridiculous. I'm not the God of GQ at all, far from it. GQ is mostly a terrible magazine. In fact, 95% of the problem with the OP and people here is that they think suits in GQ are good. We've got a bunch of fat men wearing super skinny lapels with black knit flat bottom ties and black Kenneth Cole square toe shoes that look like duck billed platypuses because of GQ, in some failed attempt to look vaguely "European."

Again, if you'd actually read my post you'd notice that my opinion was that the OP would be fine in either suit. I'm not the one being pedantic here.

But the technical answer is that a peak lapel, black pinstripe suit is not a good traditional interview suit. It's on you to disprove that - good luck! Here, I'll help: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+suit+for+an+interview

Most of these issues won't even be noticed in the real world. Peak vs. notch lapel? Please, most of your interviewers won't even be wearing a suit that fits well or know which lapels are which, just as most people don't know the difference between a 328 and a m3. But just because most people don't know the difference, it doesn't mean there ISN'T a difference - and that there is an appropriate standard of dress for different occasions.

Let me ask you this - do you actually disagree with anything that I'm saying, or merely the delivery of it? Because if it's the delivery of it, you need to get the sand out of you know where. And if you disagree with what I'm saying, you need to do more research.

PS: Aside from the fact that "tailored" is completely different than MTM and bespoke suits, monograms - really? Speaking of Mr. Bean, he might have been the last person under 75 to pull that off without looking tacky.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 04-22-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0