View Single Post
      08-28-2019, 09:09 PM   #12332
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
It IS a hell of a bargain for someone that wants into mirrorless interchangeable.

I was shooting this morning with a Canon friend. We've got matching rigs, but Sony vs. Canon, instead of the same brand. His EF 600/f4 III was nice, but balance was further forward than the Sony and the hood is unnecessarily large. He's bemoaning the unlikely 7D3 and fingers crossed that there's a pro mirrorless, with new sensor and performance to match the 1DX replacement. If that doesn't happen this winter, he's moving to Sony.

Dave
If someone is starting, it is a good deal, I just have never liked the form factor of the 6XXX series. I never used the hoods on my Canon big whites as they were just too unwieldy, especially in a car. I got a nice threaded rubber hood for my 200-600 that brings its size down as well. I am still holding my Canon 500 in the hopes they can bring something worthwhile to the table in the mirror-less form, but I am am losing hope. Getting 840mm from the new lens, even at f9 is pretty cool though.
Appreciate 0