Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post

Yeah I was really hoping form something better than a mild upgrade to the 6400. The bigger battery is nice and all, but I was hoping for a different form factor, with a front dial and joystick along with a center mounted viewfinder at least. IBIS for what I shoot isn't really a big deal. I saw nothing that will make me cancel my order for the 7RIV. I am interested to see how the crop mode works on that with the 200-600 mounted. I know it won't be at A9 level, but could still have some killer reach for perched birds and slower moving wildlife. I think we may have seen the last really high performance croppers with the D500 and 7D2. None of the companies seem to think that is a market worth pursuing.
It IS a hell of a bargain for someone that wants into mirrorless interchangeable.

I was shooting this morning with a Canon friend. We've got matching rigs, but Sony vs. Canon, instead of the same brand. His EF 600/f4 III was nice, but balance was further forward than the Sony and the hood is unnecessarily large. He's bemoaning the unlikely 7D3 and fingers crossed that there's a pro mirrorless, with new sensor and performance to match the 1DX replacement. If that doesn't happen this winter, he's moving to Sony.

Dave