View Single Post
      08-28-2019, 07:21 PM   #12327
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm not buying it, seeing as how I have the 600/f4, but I recommend the 100-400mm to a lot of people.

Did you see the new 6600. I wish they'd upgrade the EVF. With my 6400, I have trouble tracking birds, when using the 6400 vs. my A9.
I wouldn't hesitate in the least to recommend it for people wanting the reach. It is a relative bargain, and for Sony there is no 3rd party 150-600 like for the other brands, and I think it beats the Tamron or Sigma alternatives for Canikon hands down. There are some stunning images over on Fred Miranda from it.

Yeah I was really hoping form something better than a mild upgrade to the 6400. The bigger battery is nice and all, but I was hoping for a different form factor, with a front dial and joystick along with a center mounted viewfinder at least. IBIS for what I shoot isn't really a big deal. I saw nothing that will make me cancel my order for the 7RIV. I am interested to see how the crop mode works on that with the 200-600 mounted. I know it won't be at A9 level, but could still have some killer reach for perched birds and slower moving wildlife. I think we may have seen the last really high performance croppers with the D500 and 7D2. None of the companies seem to think that is a market worth pursuing.
Appreciate 0